IT Application Architect-Analyst
SOMMAIRE DU POSTE
The IT Application Architect/Analyst’s role is to coordinate, architect, and supervise all activities related to the integration of software programs, applications, and third-party solutions as required to meet the business requirements of the organization. This requires the person to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of stakeholders. This includes gathering and compiling user requirements to understand the technology solutions they need and evaluating various applications and vendors using a standardized methodology and process.
While developing and maintaining an application architecture blueprint for the organization, this individual will oversee testing of the interoperability of application modules under development by in-house software development teams, commercial off-the-shelf software deployed in the organization, and with external third parties as necessary.
Proven communication skills, analytical, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role and in helping the business make good technology decisions. The Individual will also be proactive to look for new technologies to optimize business processes.
Reports to the IT Director
Work Unit & Location
Minerai Fer Quebec (Quebec Iron Ore) in the IT Department
Main office : 1100 René-Lévesque Ouest, Bureau 610, Montréal, Québec
Travel to the Mine site in Fermont, Quebec as needed
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and maintain an integration architecture blueprint for the organization.
- Orchestrate integration projects and corresponding strategies between business units and development teams.
- Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new applications into existing systems and software throughout the enterprise.
- Develop standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Research and make recommendations on products and services
- Lead the research on software and hardware products to meet agreed upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Lead and execute the RFI/RFP process for business applications to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Build relationships with vendors of application software to learn about and provide feedback on their capabilities.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Develop and utilize standard templates for vendor evaluations and to compare applications.
- Work diligently to enhance or improve business processes via integration opportunities or new features or applications
You must have:
- 5-7 years direct experience in enterprise-level applications.
- Proven experience in developing enterprise and solution level architectural designs.
- Proven experience in overseeing the linking of cross-functional applications
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Extensive experience with core software applications, such as SAP, PI, Business Intelligence tools, etc…
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts.
- Curious about technology, with the ability to quickly grasp and describe key aspects, current status, key players, and potential applications
- College diploma or university degree in computer science or computer engineering, and/or 5-7 years equivalent work experience.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Outstanding writing and documentation skills.
- Able to conduct research
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Physically able to participate in sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of offsite software and system integration efforts.
Or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.