TSX Trust Company
301 – 100 Adelaide Street West Toronto, ON, Canada, M5H 4H1
T. (416) 361-0930 F. (416) 361-0470
AUTOMIC Pty Ltd
Level 5, 126 Phillip Street Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
T. +61 2 9698 5414 F. +61 2 8583 3040
Statement of Dividend Declaration
The board of directors (the “Board”) of Champion Iron Limited (the “Company”) declared an inaugural dividend of $0.10 per ordinary share on January 26, 2022 (Montreal time) / January 27, 2022 (Sydney time), in respect to the semi-annual results for the period ending September 30, 2021, payable on March 1, 2022, to registered shareholders at the close of business in Australia and Canada on February 8, 2022 (local time). The ordinary shares will begin trading on an ex-dividend basis at the open of trading in Australia and Canada on February 7, 2022. The Board will evaluate any potential future dividends concurrently with the release of the Company’s semi-annual and annual results.
Amount per ordinary shares
|Payment Date||Record Date||Ex-Dividend Date||Amount|
|March 1, 2022||February 8, 2022||February 7, 2022||C$0.10|
|June 28, 2022||June 7, 2022||June 6, 2022||C$0.10|
|November 29, 2022||November 8, 2022||November 7, 2022||C$0.10|
- Champion Iron Limited reporting currency is the Canadian dollar and the dividends are determined in Canadian dollars.
- Payments to Canadian (TSX:CIA) shareholders will be made in Canadian dollars.
- Payments to Australian (ASX:CIA ) shareholders will be made in Australian dollars, based on the closing exchange rates applicable to Australian dollars five business days prior to the dividend payment date as published by the Bank of Canada.
- Payments to all other shareholders will be made in Canadian dollars.
Dividend Tax Information
- For Australian tax purposes the dividends are expected to be unfranked and to be declared by Champion Iron Limited as conduit foreign income (in whole or in part)
- Pursuant to Canadian tax legislation, CIA dividends are not “eligible dividends”.
- The Company is incorporated in Australia and as the dividend declared is considered a Conduit Foreign Income (“CFI”) it is generally not subject to withholding tax.
- Shareholders should contact their tax specialist for the individual treatment of the CFI received from the Company.
Is there an option to use a Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP) for the paid dividends?
Champion Iron Limited does not have an active DRIP at the current moment.
What are dividends ?
The dividend is the amount that directors of a company propose to pay out of the profits of the Company. Dividends can be thought of as the income that shareholders receive from their investment. Dividends are quoted on a per share basis.
When are dividends paid?
The dividends are paid to everyone who holds ordinary shares on the announced “record date”.
Are all shareholders eligible to receive a dividend?
All shareholders that hold ordinary shares of the Company as at the record date are eligible for the dividend amount. Ordinary shares will begin trading on an ex-dividend basis at the start of trading in Australia and Canada on the business day immediately prior to the record date.
How to change my dividend payment instructions?
Shareholders on the Australian Registry can view or change their dividend payment instructions online by visiting the Australian Share Registry’s website at https://investor.automic.com.au. To log in you will need your Securityholder Reference Number (SRN) or Holder Identification Number (HIN).